Friday, February 8, 2013

Sources

I was about to put up a new post, but I thought it would be very important to mention my "sources."

I do not have any sources I am using, really, since most of these are my reflections.  I absorb a lot that I read and hear, so it is hard for me to pull apart the coalesced thoughts to identify inspiration and information.  And when I do really want to quote someone, I intend to source it.

That said, a few things that do come to mind are a book and a talk.

The book, The Mass and the Saints, by Fr. Thomas Cream, OP is simply excellent.  It quotes saints talking about every piece of the Mass, including some of the trappings and rituals surrounding it.

Also great was a talk by Fr. Dennis Gordon, FSSP, about the Mass, which was heavily based on not only Scripture but also St. Thomas Aquinas' analyses during the Mass.

Should I have more definitive sources during the blog, I will be sure to give credit where credit is due.

I hope to have a new post up by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment